After many friends have become parents, although they may be more happy, they are more worried and afraid that they will not be able to take good care of their baby. Because some friends belong to the novice parents, there is no experience in caring for the baby. At this time, they are often panicked and unable to start. So today, Xiaobian is going to tell you how to take care of the newborn baby.
How to care for newborn babies
1. Insulation: Immediately after birth, the newborn should be dried with a preheated towel, and various warming measures should be taken to keep the baby at neutral temperature.
2. Feeding: Normal full-term children can be breast-feeding to the mother for half an hour after birth. For those who have no breast milk, formula milk can be given once every 3 hours, 7-8 times a day.
3. Respiratory management: keep the respiratory tract unobstructed. When the premature baby is lying on his back, he can place a cushion under the shoulder to avoid bending the neck.
4. Skin and mucous membrane care: 1 bathe and keep the skin clean. Wash your buttocks with warm water after each bowel movement and change your diaper to prevent red buttocks or diaper rash. 2 Keep the umbilical stump clean and dry. 3 oral mucosa should not be scrubbed. 4 clothes should be large, soft, no buttons, soft and absorbent diapers.
What are the misunderstandings of neonatal care?
1. Physiological jaundice mistakenly believes in hepatitis. Neonates begin to develop jaundice 2 to 3 days after birth, most obvious after 4 to 5 days, and naturally disappear within 7 to 14 days. The general condition is good, no adverse reactions, called “physiological jaundice.” If jaundice disappears within 10 days, it is not morbid, not hepatitis, called “physiological jaundice.” Physiological jaundice is a normal physiological process and does not require treatment.
2. Squeeze the breast. The newborn’s breasts showed mild swelling on the 4th to 5th day after birth, and there was a little milk spill, reaching a climax in 7 to 10 days. This is because the mother secretes estrogen (progesterone and prolactin) in the late pregnancy, causing the fetus to absorb more hormones through the placenta, causing temporary swelling of the breast, whether it is a boy or a girl, it is a physiological phenomenon, 2 ~3 weeks can disappear, do not squeeze, its evil is suffering from “mastitis”.
3, normal galactorrhea is vomiting. Neonatal gastric cardia sphincter relaxation, pyloric sphincter is relatively tight, gastric capacity is small (about 30 ~ 60 ml), the stomach is horizontal, it is prone to galactorrhea. After licking the milk, it should be erected, patted on the back, and the air swallowed, and then taken to the right side, the pillow is 3 to 4 cm high. A small amount of galactorrhea is a normal phenomenon and should not be treated as vomiting.
Every newborn baby needs to be carefully cared for by mom and dad before she can grow up gradually. Therefore, Xiaobian hopes that every parent can clearly define his or her responsibilities and give more attention to the baby. At the same time, if some new parents don’t really understand how to take care of the baby, then you can learn more, and don’t take care of your baby according to your own temper, because it is very likely that you will hurt your baby if you don’t pay attention.